Social media policy
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy (MCA) recognizes that access to technology in school gives students, parents, families and teachers greater opportunities to learn, engage, communicate, and develop skills that will prepare them for work, life, and citizenship. We are committed to helping students develop 21st-century technology and communication skills. To that end, MCA’s Social Media Policy applies to students, staff and families.
The Internet is a powerful amplifier that can be used to spread positivity or negativity. Scholars can take the high road by applying the concept of “treat others as you would like to be treated” to their actions online, creating positive impact for others and disempowering bullying behavior.
Set an Example
- Use the power of the Internet to spread positivity.
- Stop the spread of harmful or untrue messages by not passing them on to others.
- Respect others’ differences.
- Block mean-spirited or inappropriate behavior online.
- Make an effort to provide support to those being bullied.
- Encourage kids to speak up against and report online bullying.
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
4030 N. 29th Street,
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© 2018 Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
Our Eight Character Strengths
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control