Why Choose Milwaukee Collegiate Academy?
The Class of 2020 is participating MCA’s pilot year in a nationally-celebrated personalized learning instructional model.
Personalized learning tracks students’ progress and allows scholars to learn at their own pace with a laptop for every student.
100% of our graduates have been accepted into college four years in a row and the Class of 2016 earned over $3.1 million in college scholarships
Scholars learn to think critically and solve complex problems, work collaboratively, and develop academic mindsets to be ready for college.
MCA believes that every student is unique — from their hairstyle to their favorite music to the way they learn.
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy is a place where you can discover who you are and what you are capable of doing. It is a place to learn and grow. A place where you can dream and see those dreams become reality as you go to and through college. Is it the place for you?
MCA is a public charter high school delivering a college-focused education to high school students for more than ten years. MCA serves scholars in grades 9 through 12. Our school sets ambitious goals for student achievement and we believe that all scholars are capable of academic success. 100 perecent of our graduating seniors have been accepted into college over the past four years.
We do more than prepare you for higher education. We provide you with the skills necessary to effect change in society and help transform your local, national and global communities.
Recent MCA Graduates Have Been Acccpted To:
- Alabama A&M University
- Alverno College
- Howard University
- Grambling State University
- Kentucky State University
- Lakeland University
- Lane College
- Oakwood University
- Marian University
- Marquette University
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Mount Mary University
- Philander Smith College
- Tennessee State University
- Texas Southern University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- University of Wisconsin–Richland
2016-17 College Tours:
UW-Parkside • UW-Platteville • UW-Madison • UW-Milwaukee • UW-Whitewater Northern Illinois University • Tennessee State University • Vanderbilt University Alabama A&M University • Clark Atlanta University • Spelman College Morehouse College • Georgia Tech University • Marian University
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy Students:
- Graduate prepared to succeed in college and in life
- Grow through extended-day learning including after school clubs, academic programs, and sports teams
- Benefit from intensive college preparation including counseling and college tours
- Study under the guidance of creative, intelligent, and caring teachers
- Learn in a safe and secure environment
- Thrive in a school community that partners with parents, including regularly scheduled parent/student/teacher conferences and parent-focused school events
What We Ask of Our Students:
- Be accountable: Attend class every day on time and be productive, engaged and in the proper uniform. Know that staff will not accept excuses when students fall short of outlined expectations.
- Be responsible: Create a system for keeping track of your school assignments and stay up-to-speed with class work and homework.
- Be aware: Know that your attitude and your willingness to learn will affect your ability to succeed. Come to school prepared to learn every day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Enrollment at MCA
Request a Shadow Day
MCA is now enrolling for the 2017-18 school year. Students in grades 8th through 11th grade who are interested in finding out more about Milwaukee Collegiate Academy are invited to share a day in the life one of our scholars. The visiting students attend classes, participate activities and enjoy lunch with one of our Student Ambassadors.
Activities and Athletics
Activities and Athletics With over 25 sports and activities at MCA, our students have many opportunities to spread their wings and test their talents in a variety of areas. Staying involved in after-school activities encourages students to explore areas they otherwise might not. Our students use extracurriculars to help learn teamwork, responsibility, and leadership. Among the opportunities available to MCA scholars are:
- Alumni Day
- Boys & Girls Club (CLC)
- Black History Month
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Dance Team
- Homecoming & Spirit Week
- Lead To Succeed
- Pearls for Teen Girls
- Pep Rallies
- Poetry & Spoken Word
- Project Pioneer
- Running Club
- Student Council
- Student Ambassador Program
- Student Graphic Design Team
- Talent Shows
- Tech Ambassador Program
- Track & Field
- Yearbook Club and much more!
VIDEO: What do Milwaukee Collegiate Academy alumni say about MCA?
A Commitment to Advanced Placement Classes
MCA has an added three new Advanced Placement (AP) classes in the fall of 2016. In addition to AP Human Geography, MCA has added AP Environmental Science, AP Statistics, AP Language and Composition. According to The College Board, 31 percent of colleges and universities look at AP experience when making scholarship decisions.
MCA is Family and a Learning Community
Every single student is known by every faculty member. Our teachers continuously collaborate to ensure students have the feedback and support they need to become empowered learners. MCA mentors support students to set goals and to make a plans to achieve those goals.
Connected to the Community
MCA values and cultivates strategic partnerships to help further the goals of the school and to help ensure MCA is providing high-quality options to its scholars and families. We are proud of our collaboration with both national and local organizations and institutions that positively impact student achievement and enrich academic experiences.
Enrollment Questions? Send Us a Message
At MCA, it is personal and students are at the center of everything we do.
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
4030 N. 29th Street,
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© 2017 Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
Our Eight Character Strengths
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control