MCA is NOW ENROLLING for the 2018-19 School Year!
Are you still searching for an academically challenging, and socially safe high school option? MCA is a tuition-free, public charter high school and has limited seats in grades 9 through 12.
At MCA, it is personal & our students
are at the center of everything we do.
MCA is a nation-wide pioneer in the Summit Learning student-centered approach to instruction that is remaking America’s schools. MCA was the first school in Wisconsin and one of a few hundred nation-wide to be selected for the program. MCA’s focus is on ensuring that every student not only gets what he or she needs, but is also pushed to grow and achieve. For a progress report on the initiative, please click the link below.
MCA’s Personalized Learning program provides teachers with the resources to bring personalized learning to students, including 1-to-1 access to technology and mentoring. Personalized learning tracks students’ progress and allows scholars to learn at their own pace. Starting in 2016, students receive four years of Spanish and specialized instruction in STEM, fine arts and career readiness. To learn more about Personalized Learning at MCA, please click the link below.
In keeping with our mission of sending scholars to and through college, 100% of our graduates have been accepted into college five years in a row and have earned over $3.5 million in scholarships over the last two years. We continue to provide intensive guidance to scholars throughout college, ensuring that they graduate on time and are prepared for productive careers or graduate-level education. Click the link below to see what MCA alumni have to say about their high school.
What our students say
“I really appreciate that MCA provides me with a laptop. It helps me stay organized.”
Jaclynn, MCA Class of 2020
“With the support of my classmates and teachers, I can work on what interests me and learn at my own pace.”
Nazir, MCA Class of 2020
“I am most proud of the support of my teachers who urge me to keep trying and to never give up.”
Imani, MCA Class of 2017
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy is a place where you can discover who you are and what you are capable of doing. It is a place to learn and grow. A place where you can dream and see those dreams become reality as you go to and through college. Is it the place for you?
MCA is a public charter high school delivering a college-focused education to high school students for more than ten years. MCA serves scholars in grades 9 through 12. Our school sets ambitious goals for student achievement and we believe that all scholars are capable of academic success. 100 perecent of our graduating seniors have been accepted into college over the past four years.
We do more than prepare you for higher education. We provide you with the skills necessary to effect change in society and help transform your local, national and global communities.
Recent MCA Graduates Have Been Acccpted To:
- Alabama A&M University
- Alverno College
- Howard University
- Grambling State University
- Kentucky State University
- Lakeland University
- Lane College
- Oakwood University
- Marian University
- Marquette University
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Mount Mary University
- Philander Smith College
- Tennessee State University
- Texas Southern University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- University of Wisconsin–Richland
2016-17 College Tours:
UW-Parkside • UW-Platteville • UW-Madison • UW-Milwaukee • UW-Whitewater Northern Illinois University • Tennessee State University • Vanderbilt University Alabama A&M University • Clark Atlanta University • Spelman College Morehouse College • Georgia Tech University • Marian University
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy Students:
- Graduate prepared to succeed in college and in life
- Grow through extended-day learning including after school clubs, academic programs, and sports teams
- Benefit from intensive college preparation including counseling and college tours
- Study under the guidance of creative, intelligent, and caring teachers
- Learn in a safe and secure environment
- Thrive in a school community that partners with parents, including regularly scheduled parent/student/teacher conferences and parent-focused school events
What We Ask of Our Students:
- Be accountable: Attend class every day on time and be productive, engaged and in the proper uniform. Know that staff will not accept excuses when students fall short of outlined expectations.
- Be responsible: Create a system for keeping track of your school assignments and stay up-to-speed with class work and homework.
- Be aware: Know that your attitude and your willingness to learn will affect your ability to succeed. Come to school prepared to learn every day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Enrollment at MCA
For five years in a row, 100% of MCA seniors have been accepted into college.
Activities and Athletics
Activities and Athletics With over 25 sports and activities at MCA, our students have many opportunities to spread their wings and test their talents in a variety of areas. Staying involved in after-school activities encourages students to explore areas they otherwise might not. Our students use extracurriculars to help learn teamwork, responsibility, and leadership. Among the opportunities available to MCA scholars are:
- 21 Club
- Alumni Day
- Boys & Girls Club (CLC)
- Black History Month
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Dance Team
- Homecoming & Spirit Week
- Lead To Succeed
- Pearls for Teen Girls
- Pep Rallies
- Poetry & Spoken Word
- Project Pioneer
- Running Club
- Student Council
- Student Ambassador Program
- Student Graphic Design Team
- Talent Shows
- Tech Ambassador Program
- Track & Field
- Yearbook Club and much more!
Request a Shadow Day
MCA is now enrolling for the 2017-18 school year. Students in grades 8th through 11th grade who are interested in finding out more about Milwaukee Collegiate Academy are invited to share a day in the life one of our scholars. The visiting students attend classes, participate activities and enjoy lunch with one of our Student Ambassadors.
Video Gallery: See for yourself what MCA has to offer
Enrollment Questions? Send Us a Message
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
4030 N. 29th Street,
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© 2017 Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
Our Eight Character Strengths
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.