Dear MCA Parents and Families–
On Thursday, March 16, MCA will hold three parent advisory meetings to share information with you and get feedback from you about:
- The 2017-18 school calendar
- The Personalized Learning instructional model at 9th and 10th grade and academic opportunities for 11th and 12th grade (including Advanced Placement-AP exams)
- Summer School (Credit Recovery)
- Our current state report card and Charter School Committee rating, and
- Spring Parent-Teacher conference Parent Survey results.
At the top of our agenda is our school calendar. Our school year may start as early as August 14th this year and end in May of 2018, but we don’t want to make these changes without your input. This item will be addressed in the first 20 minutes of our meeting so if this is the most important item for you, please arrive on time.
I am very interested in your feedback around attendance, college preparation, school culture and special education. Please reach out to me if these meeting times do not work for you.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars. I hope to see you at one of these three sessions!
- Thursday, March 16th at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 16th at 4:15 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16th at 7:00 p.m.
Your partner in education,
Judith Parker, Principal